The role of an HR Manager consist of overall human resource management which includes – Recruitment/ Talent Acquisition, Induction & Onboarding, Training/ Learning & Development, PMS / Performance Management System, Employee Engagement, Employee Life Cycle Management, Compliances of Labour Laws, Payroll Processing, HR Policy creation/updation, Organizational Development & Change Management.
Provided below is the detailed Job Description, Qualification & KRA of HR Manager role. The actual role and responsibilities may differ as some HR Managers / HR Generalists are given responsibility of only some functions of HR –
HR Manager Job Description –
Talent Acquisition Responsibilities –
- Responsible for Manpower Planning for the organization / for the assigned departments.
- Responsible for sourcing of profiles through internal job postings, job portals, references, manpower agencies, social media and other sourcing channels.
- Conduct HR interviews and assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Conduct assessment centers to identify required competencies in the candidates.
- Prepare and issue Offer letters/ Appointment letters.
- Complete joining formalities of the new employees.
HR Policy Creation & Updation
- Create HR Policy in compliance with the law of the land and considering the best practices and business requirements. Update the policy as per the requitemet.
- Create and streamline HR processes to improve overall efficiency of Human Resource Department.
- Ensure effective implementation of HR policies to improve HR performance and optimize employee productivity.
Performance Management System
- Ensure Job descriptions, KRAs (Key Result Areas) & KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are defined for all the employees based on Organizational goals & Objectives.
- Facilitate Periodic Performance review, appraisal & feedback to build a performance driven culture. Ensure an performance evaluation in an objective manner.
- Compile appraisal rating data for annual salary review. Roll out salary increments based on the performance.
Payroll & Compliances
- Responsible for payroll processing in a timely manner so that employees get salaries within the stipulated timeline.
- Ensure adherence to all the Payroll related compliances as required by the law of the land.
- Coordinate with Internal Auditors & External Auditors for regular HR Audit.
Employee Life Cycle Management
- Responsible for entire life cycle management of employees – from Joining to Separation.
- Responsible for coordination, approvals and distribution of letters for Confirmations, Promotions, Transfers, Exit Management etc.
- Maintain employee files & data accurately.
- Conduct Exit Interviews, Process full & Final settlements.
- Conduct One to One meetings with employees to understand their issues & and resolve them.
- Conduct skip level meetings for all the departments.
- Deal with disciplinary matters / grievances and HR issues proactively.
- Conduct Employee engagement activities on a regular basis. Celebrate festivals at the workplace.
Training / Learning & Development:
- Conduct Training Need Identification (TNI) to identify the training requirements of the employees. Conduct TNA (Training Need Analysis).
- Design training calendar as per the Training Need Identification and the Training Budget.
- Prepare training content, Design Training Modules, and impar training.
- Ensure targeted training man-hours / man-days are achieved.
- Measure the effectiveness of the training programs. Ensure high ROI (Return on Investment) for the Trainings.
Organization Development (OD) related responsibilities
- Conduct Analysis of exit forms, understand attrition trends and take corrective actions.
- Conduct benchmarking activities such as compensation benchmarking, Employee Engagement Survey etc. Identify issues based on these studies and implement OD Interventions.
Required Qualification & Experience –
- Qualification – Master Degree in Human Resource Management
- Experience – 8 to 12 years of strong experience in HR
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities –
- Excellent Understanding of HR Best Practices
- Excellent Communication & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high growth and dynamic business environment.
- Strong Hold on Compliances & Labour Law.
- Proactive Approach.
Above is the detailed job description for HR Manager role for an HR Generalist Role. Some of the duties & responsibilities may not be assigned by some organizations based on the scope of the role of the particular HR Manager.